ACL Rod Bearings With ARP Connecting Rod Bolts - BMW E9X M3 (S65)
This E90 and E92 M3 rod bearing kit includes a set of ACL bearings is a custom set of bearings to achieve the bearing clearance we believe is ideal for this engine. Stock BMW bearings tend to run a little on the tight side, as do the standard ACL bearings. Because of this we have created our own customized set that will achieve .0023" to .0025" bearing clearance.
- Fits:BMW S65B40 (4.0L) M3 E90 3999cc V8
- Size: Customized to achieve .0023" to .0025" bearing clearance
- ACL Race Series performance engine bearings are manufactured to exacting tolerances with particular attention paid to wall thickness accuracy. This ensures reliable fit and helps maintain consistent clearances.
- Improved bearing retention from higher radial contact pressure. Locks the bearing into the housing.
- ACL Race Series performance engine bearings feature increased eccentricity to increase improve shape adaptation to compensate for bore distortion at high speed operation Assists in the formation of hydrodynamic oil film.
Designed by BE Bearings, manufactured by ARP. These custom made rod bolts are designed to be used on BMW factory connecting rods. BE Bearings worked with ARP to come up with custom rod bolt torque specifications to ensure minimal rod big end bore distortion. Our bolts have been measured and verified to guarantee minimal bore distortion, and stay within the ARP torque specification.
- Composition ARP2000®
- Part Number ARP-CUSTOM
- Yield strength 200,000 PSI
- Tensile strength 220,000 PSI
- Torque specification 50 Ft/Lbs, or 0.0065-0.0070 inch stretch
- Testing BE Bearings Wiki